Saturday 6 August 2011

Steampunk Pieces

Today I finally had the time to sit down to create a couple of pieces.  My sister is taking some of my Steampunk pieces to an art night on Saturday in hopes that we can sell a few and to get my pieces out there. 
For those who don’t know what Steampunk is, here is an easy way to explain it: Steampunk is a made up era or alternate history where steam power is still widely used.  The movie, Wild Wild West, is my best mainstream example of the Steampunk era.  With my jewellery, I incorporate elements such as watch parts, lockets, keys and locks, and creatures in a variety of metals to achieve the Steampunk feel.
These 6 pieces are my new shinies and will be for sale, along with my other Steampunk pieces, on Saturday, August 13th at: The Neighbourhood Bookstore and Café from 9pm-12am!
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment