Tuesday 30 August 2011

Life Can Be a Fickle Mistress

I had an interview today for an art position in one of the school division in Winnipeg.  It was an unusual interview in the sense that there were not a lot of the standard issue questions that usually accompany a teaching interview but for the most part I walked out of there feeling like I had nailed it.  The only question remained was how it would work into my already existing work schedule.  I was feeling pretty optimistic until the principal call me back later that day and informed me that the art classes had to be scheduled in the afternoons on days 2,4 and 6 and of course those are the days that I already work! So even if they offer me the job, I won’t be able to accept it, which I am totally bummed about.
Why does it seem like when everything is coming up milhouse, life comes around and really knows how to slam you back down to earth?
On the bright side, I have been doing some serious praying about this situation and perhaps God has another plan for me.  All I can do is trust in the lord and take comfort in the fact that maybe it was never meant to be and that maybe he has something better in mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment