Tuesday 26 July 2011

Busy Little Bee's

Sleep seems to be hard to come by here on the island but i guess there is time to sleep when I get home, but I sure am getting tired!
Yesterday we went on another snorkel cruise and this time we remembered the Dramamine before we got on the boat!  I think this was my favorite adventure yet, with the exception of the trip to the Big Island of course.  Our first stop was to Molokini, a partially sunken volcanic crater, 2.5 miles off the coast of Maui.  The water was crystal clear, the coral was vibrant colours and the fish were abundant.  I was even fortunate enough to see a spotted eagle ray as we were headed into the boat and I was even able to snap a picture of it!




Our second stop was to the turtle arches.  These underwater arches were just off the southwest shores of Maui and where we had the opportunity to swim with turtles.  I saw 4 different turtles in total and was the first person to spot one.  This was an amazing opportunity and one I won’t soon forget.




I didn’t sleep well that night so I ended up having a 2-hour nap during the heat of the day.  I am sure that Maui is both hotter in temperature but also in humidity and it seems harder to keep energy levels high.

Dinner was to Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse.  It is a fancier place and one that both Hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed. We both enjoyed a rib eye steak and both of us ended up taking home a doggy bag.
After dinner we went for a walk around Lahaina and picked us some more souvenirs (I love walking around Lahaina).

Today was another early day for a great Kayaking and snorkeling tour.  We met up with our tour at 7 and were in the water by 7:30.  I was a little worried about the kayaking but it turns out, I had nothing to worry about.  It was a lot of fun to cut through that water and just enjoy the sounds of the ocean.  The snorkeling part of this tour was a little more challenging, as we had to get in and out of the kayak in the ocean but I managed and got to see some great coral wreaths, fish and even a turtle den, where the occupant was in (I LOVE turtles)!  When we were back on dry land again i was able to use my camera and take a few pictures of the very small, very camouflaged crabs that were scurrying along the beach.



We were done kayaking by 11 and then we took a nice drive to Paia (a small town that is the last stop before Hana) and did some window-shopping and enjoyed a mango frozen yogurt with gummy bears! 
Did I mention that I am going to a weight watchers meeting in Lahaina tonight and that if I haven’t gained at least 10lbs I’ll be shocked.  Not a good thing considering I wanted to be down 40lbs by September but I made my bed while on vacation and now I will have to live with the consequences (but what a yummy bed it was)!

No comments:

Post a Comment