Sunday 17 July 2011

A Hike and Some Shopping!

Aloha! (I never get tired of hearing/saying that!)

Today was another early morning but I think I was a bit more prepared.  We woke up at 6:30 to get ready for our hike up Diamond Head, an inactive volcano.  It was hard but I made it and boy was I glad that I did, what a view!  It took us just under 1 and a half hours to reach the top and then make our way back down, pretty good for a women carrying some extra “baggage”!





After our hike I dropped darling husband off at the hotel for a snooze so that I could have some girl time, which in Roberta world, means shopping!  I can’t shop with hubby; he gets to restless and crank when he sees me buying pretty shiny things.  I made out with a silver and opal ring, small plumeria flower earrings and some small gifts for friends and family back home.  A beautiful zip up sweater caught my eye and the one I tried on fit beautifully but I was hoping they would have a size small since I am still shrinking, but I’m thinking I will probably break down and go back for it.  A quick stop at Puka Dog for some more fresh squeezed lemonade and then it was back to the hotel to pick up hubby for yes, more shopping, but this time at the largest outdoor mall!  It surprises me how Hawaii has so many open floor plans.  When I say that I mean that everywhere you go, places that should have walls, like a mall or hotel, don’t and things like escalators and full bookshelves are completely out in the open.  This Winnipegger is just simply amazed by this!



At the mall we managed to get hubby some new clothing: he doesn’t like picking out his own cloths and for myself, a new bra from VS since the ones that I brought to Hawaii, I can pull off without undoing them, Thanks Body!  Then my darling husband surprised me with a trip to fossil where both him and I picked out beautiful watches and it was all his treat! A quick stop in the largest food court I have ever seen yielded a pineapple dole whip and a BBQ pork bun, so yummy, and then it was back to the hotel for some R&R.



Dinner tonight at Chucks Steak House for some good eats and an even better view and then maybe watching a movie in the room and an early bedtime to get ready for another big day tomorrow, stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I can't believe Mike's wearing pants! Isn't it hot out? It was 35 degrees here today! Even I was wearing a tank top! I always imagined Hawaii as sweltering and now your popping that bubble! love the watches-what a great souvenir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, Oh its hot here Pamela, about 30-32 with blazing hot sun but something you didn't know about mike is that he will wear pants ALL THE TIME! Even while playing baseball, you will find him wearing jeans. Its hot with the sun, but when you have the breeze off the water, it is almost perfect weather because it keeps the humidity way down!

    ReplyDelete