Sunday 17 July 2011

I’ll Take a Side of Seasickness with my Burger, Thank You!



This morning, and I use this term loosely as anything before 8am is considered still night time in Roberta world, I awoke to some gentle nudging from my darling husband.  He was trying to inform me that it was time to get up.  I took a peek at the clock to figure out what time it was and then promptly rolled back to bed as it said 5:57am (did you know that there is such time as 5:57 . . . AM?)  Some more not so gentle nudging and I dragged myself out of bed to get ready for the big day ahead.
After a quick stop at Starbucks for a fresh fruit cup and a lemon cake slice, we were picked up from our hotel at 6:45 AM and whisked away to the west side of the island for an exciting boat adventure that took us to see some very acrobatic dolphins, up close and personal like.  They were gorgeous, all leaping and spinning in the air only to come landing gracefully back into the crystal blue waters.


We enjoyed a cookout on the boat that consisted of build your own burgers, taro chips (something new for us and very tasty) and brownies for lunch, yum yum!  After lunch we were taken closer inland to check out some coral, fish and turtles, snorkel style.
You must be wondering where husband was at this moment, due to his lack of swimming ability and non-fondness for the water, well all I can say is, he was a real trouper.  He made it into the water; snorkeled/ bobbed for a time and then when he had had enough, took some great shots of me in the water.  He tried it and that is all I can ask for and I am so very proud that he actually got into the ocean.
My non-fondness for boats was the real struggle for me today and even as I write this now, 5 hours later, I can still feel the swell of the ship and my stomach lurches every time!

After a long day of swimming and sightings, we headed back to the hotel for showers, (I really had no idea the ocean was so salty) then made our way to the Hard Rock Café Honolulu for dinner.  Mike had the Marlin special and I had shrimp fajitas, next time ill be sure to ask them to hold the hair in my guacamole (a small joke for those that have dined out with me before, it never fails that if there is something unusual in a dinner, it will be in mine.)  We purchased our Hard Rock Café Magnet and then did a bit of a walking tour of downtown Waikiki ending up for a beautiful moonlit stroll on the beach.




What a way to end an already awesome day!
Stay tuned for more of our wild Hawaii adventures, coming to a blog near you.

2 comments:

  1. I was just going to ask if you needed help posting photos because you haven't posted any yet! I can't wait to see the sights and live vicariously through your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, i've just been too tired from our very long days to upload any from my camera, but i am going to give it a try tonight!

    ReplyDelete