Saturday 16 July 2011

Settling In . . . Sort of!

I have to say it has been quite the 24hours!
“We” landed safely in Hawaii last night about 10:30pm there time.  There was a scare on the plane when a man blacked out and couldn’t move.  I though for sure we would have to make an emergency landing but thanks to our quick thinking flight attendants and a little prayer, he seemed to come around and walked out of the plane by himself when he landed.  I thank God for keeping his healing hands on that man.
By the time we collected our baggage at the airport it was 4am Winnipeg time, so you can imagine how tired we were getting.  Well, the business that was scheduled to take us to our hotel didn’t have us on their list.  It was only by the mercy of the host that we were able to catch a ride into Waikiki.
Morning came early for us (7am) as we had an orientation breakfast and then a quick lowdown of all the tours offered around Oahu and the other Islands.  We booked a couple and were on our way to tour the Maui Divers Jewelry store.  After saying no to a lot of very nice Jewellery, I was able to “crack” open an oyster and then had the opportunity to purchase a setting for it or just buy the Pearl inside for $10.  I was able to create my very own pearl pendant and it is something I will definitely never forget!
We took the trolley back to our hotel area, and sifted through the international market very quickly when we came across an eating place that was recommended to us: Puka Dog!  I have to say that it was the best Hot Dog and Fresh Lemonade I have EVER tasted and I will be back for more before we leave!



After refueling, we took a quick walk to the OCEAN so I could dip my toes in the water. I have never seen the ocean before and it was such a neat experience, so warm and refreshing I didn’t want to get out but sadly we had more places to see.


We boarded our tour bus for Paradise Cove, where we had the pleasure of seeing a wonderful Luau under the full moon of Hawaii.  The entertainment was fantastic and the food was mouth watering good!  It was definitely something to experience and I am so blessed to have been able to share it with the one I love!






Hawaii has been a whirl-wind of excitement and we’ve only just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment