Sunday 31 July 2011

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

Yesterday we took a drive out to my parent place to pick up our fur baby and spend the day with them.  We got off to a bit of a late start on account of us both not waking up until 10 (that is SUPER late for Hubby) but we made it out around noon and enjoyed a great day with my parents.  I know I am 25 and married and have a life of my own but I missed my parents!  Me and my mom are very close and over the years my step father and I have become close as well and I cherish the time that I get to spend with them (they are now both retired and spend 6 months out of the year in the warmer areas of North America).
We enjoyed a delicious dinner together and I got to show them some of the pictures from our trip.  At 9:30, we took a trip to Gimli to watch the fireworks display that they put on every August long weekend (Icelandic Festival!).  They were beautiful and they created the best ending I have seen in a fireworks display, so amazing!

Today was a day to catch up on some sleep and get some work done around the house.  Despite having clean clothing coming home I still had a whole heap of laundry to do plus vacuuming and dusting and some gardening, my poor tomato plants did not enjoy the heat of the last couple of weeks but I was fortunate enough to have only lost one plant out of 12.  We also had to do a major grocery shop and as much as I hated to, we ended up at Superstore.  I would rather eat nails then enter that store, especially on a weekend but it seemed like the only place to go when we had to buy so many groceries.
We took a ride out to Hubby’s parents place but no one was home so we went to visit his brother and his wife and son, it was great to spend some time with them outside on such a beautiful day.

I feel like my to-do-list is getting longer and longer the more I think about what I want to get done in the next couple of weeks.  I probably should start a list (I am a list person), but I think I’ll get right on that tomorrow, I am also a big time procrastinator ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment