Friday 29 July 2011

I don’t think we're in Kansas anymore Toto

Yesterday was all about packing up our things so that we could be out of the hotel by 11am.  We even need to buy another large suitcase because of all the great things we bought!
After dropping our luggage at the hotels front desk, we had 8 hours to kill before our scheduled pickup so we took a stroll through Lahaina’s old jail.  They even had a creepy old mannequin sitting in one of the cells while a tap recording of a mans diary entry’s played in the background, spooky!
At 12:30 we went to see Harry Potter in the towns theater (what else were we going to do in the high heat) and then we saw Captain America at 3:45.  I have to admit I felt slightly guilty for spending our last day in Maui in an air-conditioned theater but then I remember stepping into the sun and immediately breaking into a sweat and my guilt dissipates.
We had dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise, which had a nice view and ok burgers and then we were headed back to the hotel to collect our bags and wait for the shuttle.
The plane ride was another 6-hour flight but this time it was overnight and since I don’t sleep in moving vehicles of any kind, it was a rough 6 hours!
But we have made it back to Winnipeg in one piece along with all of our luggage so I would say our trip was a success.  I loved Hawaii but as most of you already know, there’s no place like home.

Next blog posting:  Hawaii; The good, the bad and the ugly

No comments:

Post a Comment