Thursday 28 July 2011

Really, W.W in Maui? You Bet Ya!

Last night, I did in fact make it to my weight watchers meeting in Maui.  On the way to the meeting i made a new friend and i just had to stop and take a picture of him!

 Also, i took this picture so that i could prove that i was actually there!

The good news is that I did not gain 10lbs but the bad news was that I was up 3.  But I guess I can’t be too upset because I am on vacation and I have been eating the richest food I can find on the menus.  For example: when I got home from my meeting last night, Hubby wanted pizza for dinner so I obliged him by googling the best pizza places in Lahaina.  The name that kept coming up was Lahaina Pizza Company so we went to take a look.  It was hard to find but once we did we weren’t sorry! They are known for their deep-dish crust.  I ordered a medium (6 slice) cheese and Italian sausage pizza and hubby ordered a medium works pizza.  Both were awesome pizzas and by the time I was full, I still had 4 slices left!



Today was a really slow day for us, a lot of swimming and just hanging out.  Not too busy and very mellow during the day.  We started packing up our goodies though and then we went out and bought a large suitcase to get it all home :P
This evening we enjoyed the Old Lahaina Luau.  They had an incredible buffet and an amazing show.  It is more intimate then the luau we did on Oahu because this time there was only 250 guests instead of 800!  Our server was very attentive and was quite funny.  The view was great and we were fortunate again to be seated with great people, which also added to the awesome night.  We walked to and from the Luau (about 30mins each way), which was a great way to work off all the great food we ate.

This is me, fitting into the dress that i bought down in the states with the ladies from work.  It was too small when i bought it and wouldn't zip up, but this is me wearing it in Maui only a month and a half later!








Tomorrow we will be packing up and by 7:30pm, we will be picked up and headed to the airport.  It was a great vacation but I have to say, I miss my puppy but at least I am not the only one (Mike has been asking to see the pictures of Snowy that are on my computer every evening since we got to Maui) 
Vacation is nice, but there really is no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment